In this article, we will go over the Supported Protocol for Try-In Bite Adjustments using IOS.
Please follow the next steps:
1. Download the designed case, by opening the case on the platform, clicking “actions – download files – finished scans – download” and then open your 3shape dental system. Import it using “ctrl’ and “i” at the same time onto the platform.
2. Create a new order and scan the new bite with the try-in denture, or import the scans accordingly.
3. In the new order you just created, do right-click, select COPY, and then select copy and re-use try in design. This will open a window where you need to select the first try in design.
4. Once the copy is ready, proceed to open the design, you will have a step called "Align upper/lower to try in" where you can align the new bite to the scans and re-accommodate the bite for the patient by keeping the old design and just readjusting the bite position. The design will be changed to match the new bite.
5. Export the case by right-clicking “advanced – export”.
6. Open the existing case that’s already on the platform, go to file, scroll down to initial scans, and upload (drag and drop) the new compressed zip file that was scanned and exported.
7. Once it’s uploaded, go to the Actions tab, and select Redesign. A message box will pop up, type in the adjustments that were physically made to the try-in, and any other adjustments (examples: change shade to B1, longer/shorter teeth, midline, etc.) and type Please send final files.
8. The case will then be sent back into the needs approval folder, where the case will be sent back for approval and can be looked over a final time. From here you can “approve and manufacture” or download the files for in-house manufacturing.
Please email Customer Support at firstname.lastname@example.org or Chat with us for any further questions!