In this article, we will go over sending a Standard Denture Case to the 3Shape Design Service Platform for design.
Case Creation and Submission
There are two different ways in which you can send your case for design:
1. Standard Denture + Order Creation:
The customer only submits the Raw STLs (upper, lower, and bite, the files must be placed into a compressed zip folder. 3Shape Design Service will create the order using 3Shape Dental System on the customer's behalf.
We can only design in Dental System Version: 2022
Instructions for uploading your case to the platform:
1. Once you have the files, place the files in a folder, then right-click and send them to the compressed zipped folder.
2. Once this file is exported, you will need to open Google Chrome and log into your 3Shape Design Service Account.
3. Drag and drop the compressed zipped folder to the 3Shape Sesign Service Portal.
4. Select Standard Denture + Order Creation as the Design Type.
2. Standard Denture:
The order is created by the customer using 3Shape Dental System.
We can design in Dental System Versions: 2020 up to 2022.
- Order Set Up
Attached you can find a video that shows the step by step on how to set up your order in 3Shape Dental System!
Note: You must include the correct material in your order setup or the case will be placed on HOLD.
If you want to use other material than the FCDC material we have to test it first.
- Instructions for uploading your case to the platform:
1. Once you have created your case and your order is set up, do right-click on the case, click on "Advanced" and then "Export". Export the file as a complete 3Shape order – File and save it on your computer.
2. You will need to open Google Chrome and log into your 3Shape Design Service Account.
3. Drag and drop the compressed zipped folder you just exported to the 3Shape Design Service Portal.
4. Select Standard Denture as the Design Type.
Provide the additional information needed on the 3Shape
Design Service Portal:
1. Case Attributes
- Name: Enter the name of the patient or pan/chart number in the name field.
- Turnaround time: It will be predefined to 24 hours.
- Additional Case Comments: You will need to fill in instructions that aren’t covered in the design guide selections
- Require Design Approval: If you are using a third-party manufacturing option please check this box if you want to review and approve the files before they are sent to the manufacturer.
2. Case Instructions
- Design Type: Select either "Standard Denture" or "Standard Denture+ Order Creation".
- Arches: Click on the "Arches" button to select upper, lower, or both.
Design Guide Codes: Since we have design centers across the globe, typed instructions don’t always translate to what you are looking for. Our goal is to give you back your orders correctly the first time, so we created what we call design guide codes.
Click Here to Know How to Add Design Guide Codes when Sending a Case
Click here to check the Standard Denture Offering Design Guide Codes
Standard Denture Order Creation: $5.00 extra *not available for partial dentures
Standard Denture Order Creation with Model: $10.00 extra (Basic simple model) *not available for partial dentures
- Destination: Select the manufacturing destination that can be "In-House" or a third-party manufacturer.
Send the case for design:
Click on the blue paper airplane to submit case by case or click on "Send All Cases" to send several cases for design at the same time.
Once the case is designed you will get it back for review and all the files will be available for you to download.
Please email Customer Support at email@example.com or Chat with us for any further questions!