In this article, we will go over sending a Partial Denture Case to the 3Shape Design Service Platform for design.
Case Creation and Submission
The order is created by the customer using 3Shape Dental System.
We can design in Dental System Version: 2022.
- Example of Order Set Up
- For every partial replacing a single tooth, the gingiva option needs to be set up as a base with designed teeth.
- A single tooth cannot be connected to the rest of the replacing teeth.
- All the adjacent teeth to be replaced must be bridged.
- Each tooth selected in the order is going to be replaced in the design, if the tooth is in the scan it will be removed by default.
Note: You must include the correct material in your order setup or the case will be placed on HOLD.
(If you want to use other material than the FCDC material we have to test it first. Also, for the replacement of one tooth, the gingiva type in the order must be "Base with designed teeth").
Instructions for uploading your case to the platform:
1. Once you have created your case and your order is set up, do right-click on the case, click on "Advanced" and then "Export". Export the file as a complete 3Shape order – File and save it on your computer.
2. You will need to open Google Chrome and log into your 3Shape Design Service Account.
3. Drag and drop the compressed zipped folder you just exported to the 3Shape Design Service Portal.
4. Select Standard Denture as the Design Type.
Provide the additional information needed on the 3Shape
Design Service Portal:
1. Case Attributes
- Name: Enter the name of the patient or pan/chart number in the name field.
- Turnaround time: It will be predefined to 24 hours.
- Additional Case Comments: You will need to fill in instructions that aren’t covered in the design guide selections
- Require Design Approval: If you are using a third-party manufacturing option please check this box if you want to review and approve the files before they are sent to the manufacturer.
2. Case Instructions
- Design Type: Select "Standard Denture".
- Arches: Click on the "Arches" button to select upper, lower, or both.
Design Guide Codes: Since we have design centers across the globe, typed instructions don’t always translate to what you are looking for. Our goal is to give you back your orders correctly the first time, so we created what we call design guide codes.
Click Here to Know How to Add Design Guide Codes when Sending a Case
Click here to check the Standard Denture Offering Design Guide Codes
To make sure we understand your needs clearly and achieve success with your design, we kindly request that you select an option from the following design guide codes. This will enable our dedicated design team to create exactly what you are looking for, tailored to your preferences.
If no design guide codes are selected the case will be placed on hold, so we can confirm how you would like to proceed.
- Destination: Select the manufacturing destination that can be "In-House" or a third-party manufacturer.
Send the case for design:
Click on the blue paper airplane to submit case by case or click on "Send All Cases" to send several cases for design at the same time.
Once the case is designed you will get it back for review and all the files will be available for you to download.
Please email Customer Support at firstname.lastname@example.org or Chat with us for any further questions!