In this article, we will go over sending a Clear Aligner case to us for design.
For your Clear Aligner Treatment Plan, we will always need the Upper, Lower, and Bite scan STL, along with a completed Rx, and patient photos. It does not matter if we are treating only one arch, all THREE scans must be submitted. All files will be placed in one folder, and then compressed into a zipped folder. You will manually drag and drop the zipped folder to the 3Shape Design Service Platform and begin filling out the order form.
1. Place your files in a folder
2. Then right-click, send to compressed zipped folder
If you do not have a generic RX, please reach out to customer service and we would be more than happy to provide you with a clickable PDF RX that you may save and share.
Instructions for uploading your case to the platform:
1. Once this file is exported, open Google Chrome and log into your 3Shape Design Service Account: https://design.3shape.com/signin
2. There are two ways to upload your case:
- You can drag and drop the .zip file into the platform.
- Or click on the “New Cases” button to Browse for the folder:
Indication - You can select any of the following options
As soon as you select this indication, the Turnaround time will auto-select to 72 hours, and the required design approval box will automatically be checked.
- Destination - In-House or Integrated Manufacturer
- File Name - Patient first + last name or Pan number (whatever you type here will be seen on the base of your models)
- Arches - Select one or both.
- Instructions - Any implants or crowns we need to know about.
- Modifiers - Built-in RX (only needed if PDF RX is not already in a zipped folder)
Important: If we do not have all THREE scans (mentioned above), completed Rx, or patient photos, our design team will place the case on hold.
Send the case for design:
Once all steps have been completed you are ready to send. Just click on the blue paper airplane to submit case by case or click on "Send All Cases" to send several cases for design at the same time.
The turnaround time is 72 Hours!
Once the case is designed you will get it back for review and all the files will be available for you to download.
Important: If you submit your order on a Friday, expect to get your case back by Tuesday or Wednesday. Depending on the time you submit your order will determine when it begins processing. Our designers do not work weekends, and cases submitted late Friday do not begin processing until Monday.
Please email Customer Support at email@example.com or Chat with us for any further questions!