In this article, we will go over how to upload, download, and edit an Automate crown design in version 2021
THIS IS ONLY FOR 3Shape Dental MANAGER 2021
Single Case Upload
1. Select the case you are wanting to send and click the upload Icon. Make sure the check mark box is selected, choose the turnaround time, and click upload.
- Highlight your cases.
Click the upload button.
2. If you need to change the contacts and occlusion before you send, log into www.automate.3shape.com , hover over your email address, and click on Set Upload Defaults. From here you will be able to change the contacts, occlusion, and undercuts.
3. If required, enter your username and password, and click on the login button.
4. You will see the orders ready to be uploaded. Make sure that the check mark boxes are selected.
5. Select the turnaround time and click on the “upload” button.
** The new turnaround times are not reflecting on the integration yet, if you select 5 or 30 minutes it will go as if you sent the case for the 90 seconds turnaround time. If you select 10 hours it will be submitted for 10 hours.
6. Your 3Shape order will automatically be updated to the checked-out status and you will be able to see the status of the order under the Application Status column.
7. Now you can review your cases. You can highlight the cases and then click on the Paper with the magnifying glass. Or you can go directly to the Automate webpage and review your cases by clicking the “review” button.
8. You can review the QC images for each of your cases and click the “Accept for editing button”.
- If you choose the “Accept As Is” button, the moment you download the case back into your 3Shape it will produce a manufacturing file and place it in your manufacturing Directory
- If you choose the “Accept For Editing” button, after you download the case back into 3Shape you will need to generate cam or send to the manufacturer of your choice.
9. You can go to your Dental System, and you will see how the status changed there as well. Highlight your cases and click the “download button”. Make sure that the check mark boxes are selected.
10. Click on the case and select the download icon. Make sure the box is selected next to the order ID and select download.
11. Once the case is downloaded it will change the category of the case from scanned to designed. From here you can generate CAM or you can right-click and select Redesign to alter any part of the design you see fit.
You can 3D preview your design.
- After the case is imported, you can highlight the case, do right-click, and then click on the “3D Preview” option.
You can also redesign your case.
- After the case is imported, you can highlight the case, do right-click, and then click on the “Redesign” option.
You can confirm the margin line, edit the emergence profile, and make slight adjustments to the Automate design.
*** If you have a default library assigned to your 3shape Dental manager, sometimes you may notice the crown does not resemble what was designed on Automate. This is because they system is not using the Automate library and you will have to right click "redesign" and change the smile library to the "Use Extra Data" like shown in the picture below.
Sending and editing with Automate and Dental System is super easy!
Here is a great 1 Minute Video showing how to bulk upload, download and edit your Automate Designs when you use the DS 21 2021 Automate Plugin www.youtube.com/watch?v=1skK8CEGUug
If you are running into any design issues please refer to this article for a solution. https://support.fullcontour.com/hc/en-us/articles/4409153659291-3Shape-Automate-Crown-FAQs
Please email Customer Support at email@example.com or Chat with us for any further questions!