In this article, we'll look at preventing your cases from being put on hold by having your DME files exported from 3Shape Dental System and sent to FullContour.
Once you send your first case, it is possible that you may see it put On Hold and one of the most common reasons for that is missing DME files. We do our best to stay up to date with DME files, but it is impossible to have all of them up to date all the time, especially if you have some custom setting in your design software.
Usually, in the case of missing DMEs, our designers face an error in their design software, which is indicated to you with a corresponding hold reason in the 'Messages' tab in your order. A screenshot will also be added to the quality control images in the 'Files' tab...it is shown in a picture under the Quality Control images section. Based on this screenshot, you can understand which DME we are missing.
The possible categories for missing DME’s are the following:
- Articulator interfaces
- CAD Blocks
- Implant systems
- Post and Core systems
- Post and Core
- Smile Libraries
If you do have a case put on hold, for this reason, the best thing to do would be to export a DME that contains these files and send them to us. To do that, please follow the steps below:
- Open up your 3Shape control panel
- At the bottom left of the home page, you’ll select “Import/Export”
- Then select “Export materials”
- Then “Export materials” again
- Check-mark the box for whatever category we are missing - (A)
- Name the file appropriately (Lab name - DME) – (B)
- Select “Export to file” – (C)
- Email that DME file to email@example.com. Usually, this file is too large to email, so we suggest using a service like WeTransfer, Google Drive, or Dropbox to send us a link to your DME.
After that, you are more than welcome to release the hold for your case, or cases that have been put on hold because of missing DME. Here is the article reviewing the Hold Release process: https://support.fullcontour.com/hc/en-us/articles/360042693791-How-to-release-a-case-On-Hold-
Please email Customer Support at firstname.lastname@example.org or Chat with us for any further questions!