In this article, we will go over sending an Implant Plan case for design
For your Implant Plan and Surgical Guide design, we will need the following files:
Tooth-born Guides: You will need the CBCT scan of the patient and the STL file of the arch (or arches) the implant(s) will be placed.
Edentulous Guides: You will need the Dual scan protocol for edentulous patients.
There are 2 different CBCT scans needed for the dual scan protocol. The first one is of the patient wearing the denture/transparent acrylic duplicate of the denture, with radiopaque markers. We suggest 4-5 markers evenly distributed on the denture, on buccal and lingual.
The second CBCT scan is of the denture alone (with the markers in the exact same position as when the patient was wearing the denture). The denture needs to be scanned, preferably, on a polystyrene surface
Note: Please also keep in mind the denture arches need to be scanned individually if this is a dual arch case.
Instructions for uploading your case to the platform:
1. Once you have the files, place the files in a folder, then right-click and send to the compressed zipped folder.
2. Drag and drop the compressed zipped folder to the FullContour Portal.
3. Select Implant Plan as the Design Type.
Provide the additional information needed on the FullContour Portal:
- The name of the patient or pan/chart number in the name field
- The brand of the implant and if the guide should be fully guided or pilot guided in the instructions field
- Click on the Teeth# button to select the sites the implants should be placed
- Click on the Modifier button to select a consultation if desired
- Select the manufacturing destination
- Click submit to send the case
Once the case has been sent for design, the turnaround time is 24hours!
Please email Customer Support at support@fullcontour or Chat with us with any additional questions!