In this article, we will go over frequently asked questions regarding Automate Crowns.
Q- Can I ask for Redesigns?
A- No. You can reject the case and resend using different parameters. Try pre-marking your margins, adjusting the bite, change the contacts or occlusion, or turning on the broader contact settings.
Q- How can I resend an order that I've already sent via the Automate button?
A- You cant send the same case through the button again. You can make a standard copy in your 3shape and send the copied case OR you can export out the complete 3Shape file and drag and drop it to the Automate Website.
Q- I don't have the option to drag and drop the order to the website since I have the 2021 integration. How can I resend the case?
A- You will have to make the standard copy of the case and send it via the button. That way you are still able to download and import your order via the button when the case is complete.
Q- Can I import the finished design back into 3Shape?
A- Yes, but it only works if you have Dental System 2021 and you have the 2021 integration set up correctly. See article: https://support.fullcontour.com/hc/en-us/articles/4403351523355-How-to-install-3Shape-Automate-button-for-2021
Q- What does this error mean?
A- Your material settings are below the standard for Automate. You will need to open up the control panel & choose crowns under anatomy elements. You will want to change 'Margin line offset' to a min of .10 and Offset Angle to a min of 65. (See below)
Q- Why am I getting this error?
A- You are on a version of 3Shape that doesn’t support the importing of Automate designs. Must be on Dental System 2021 and use the Automate button for importing orders.
Q- Why am I getting this error, "Design module selected for the order is not supported.You can change it on the order form"?
A- This error means your order is set up as a different version than the 2021 one. You will need to Right click on the case and select 'Modify'. Under Design Module select 'DentalDesigner 2021'. Click ok and resend the order via the button.
Q- My finished crown is downloaded into my 3Shape but when I click Redesign it doesn't let me adjust anything (excluding Margin line, see next Q&A to see answer). How can we fix this?
A- Your 3Shape is trying to redesign the Automate crown with a different library than the one Automate uses. Once you click redesign, click next until you come to Smile Library. From the list of anatomy options select the "Use extra data" option. This will allow you to edit the design where needed.
Q- How can I edit my margin line after Automate already designed it, when I click redesign 3Shape won't allow me to adjust it?
A- Follow the steps below.
1. Open the designed case in Dental Designer (Redesign option)
2. Head over to Segmentation workflow step -> Annotations sub-step
3. Uncheck the Annotation point in Extra data section and make sure the new annotation point appeared. It should be placed on preparation only (See image below). If it’s not, then check on the Ignore scan annotations option. Thaw will allow you to put the annotation point manually.
4. Now proceed to Interfaces workflow step -> Margin line sub-step. You might also want to check the insertion direction while proceeding through, but it should be fixed at this point. Hit the Clear button. Now you will be able to draw a margin line. Currently, the margin line isn’t editable as set in Extra data, unfortunately.
5. Now that you drew a new margin line, you can proceed to the next steps normally. The final design will be adjusted accordingly.
Q- Why isn’t my Automate button showing up on my Client PCs but it works on my Server PC?
A- If you check your Dental System Control Panel and select 3rd party applications, choose 3Shape Automate from the list. If you see the following error it means the client PC is still on an old version. You will need to contact your reseller and update the client PCs as well.
Q- How can I tell what version each computer is on?
A- Open the computer's Control Panel, click on Programs and Features, make sure you are in the Uninstall or change a program area. The line that says 3Shape Dental System is where you will see what version you are on. See Images Below.
Please email Customer Support at firstname.lastname@example.org or Chat with us for any further questions!