In this article, we will go over how to send for Automate Copings
Caution! Please note copings cannot be sent through the DS 2021+ integration & cannot be imported back in.
* If you have the 2021+ integration turned on for your account to send crowns, you will need to turn on & off the integration in the settings area according to what you are sending and reviewing.
You must set up your order in either 3Shape Dental System or Exocad. The order MUST be set up as either a Coping or Anatomical Coping.
- No mixed orders are allowed.
- Posterior units only
- Multiple units in the same arch are allowed
- If you are sending via 3Shape, You will right-click on the order created, click on advanced, and click on export. Make sure you are choosing the Complete file and save it to your computer.
- If you are sending via Exocad, You will find your order in the CAD-DATA folder and zip up the entire order.
Set your Additional Design Preferences
Cutback: This value will be applied after a virtual crown is created first. The value chosen is uniformly applied to make a coping.
Rounding Radius: The greater the value applied will make the cusp tips & other edges, e.g. marginal ridges, less sharp and more round. As rounding removes material, more porcelain will be required.
Extra Occlusion Distance: Any extra occlusion distance you specify is applied to the design of the virtual crown before the cutback is applied.
Undercuts: You can either allow undercuts or remove them
Choose your turnaround time.
*Lab Care customers get a 10% discount
Drag and drop your case to the site.
Review your case with a series of photos.
- Margin Line- Green means the margin is good and red means the margin has undercuts. red dots will appear along the line where the undercuts sit
- Cross Section
- View of the marginal ridges with crown/coping overlay
- Occlusal heat map & minimal thickness view
Edit the design in the cloud-based editor, Accept Download CAM, or Reject the case
- Editing the Design: You can Add, Remove, or Smooth the design through the cloud-based editor on the Automate site. Once finished just click Done then Accept & Download CAM.
- Accept, Download CAM: The downloaded file only contains the coping STL (0), solo die STL, and the .pts file. You will be charged at this time.
- Reject: You can reject the case and never pay for the design. If you click Reject on accident, you can review the case again and approve.
Please email Customer Support at email@example.com or Chat with us for any further questions!